1. Wear heels at least twice a week. It’s time to let Casual–Everyday go and move on to loftier ambitions and fashion.
2. Stop picking! In exchange for the lack of nail-biting, I have a relentless fixation with scabs, zits, cuticles, hair. No more!
3. Eat healthier. Obviously NOT when I’m on an assignment where I am professionally required to eat as much of everything, but I can control what I consume outside my job.
4. Be more independent; do things and dream for myself.
5. Enroll myself in something physical–and actually sweat.
6. Bake. Starting with a soufflé next Saturday. I might as well go for the hardest dessert.
7. Work (even) harder.
8. Make more time with friends. Just a little something in relation to No. 4. I have plenty of dates lined up for my college friends.
I’ve never been one to follow the silly polka-dotted new year trend (although I painted my nails in magenta and green polka-dots, a la Barney yesterday). Why settle for heavy old coins when crisp new bills can take us much further in the shopping department? So for new year, it’s all about going plaid! Definitely much more in fashion anyway.
So here’s to hoping that you guys had as wonderful a holiday as we did:
And again, just to make it clear, I am terrified of fireworks. My sister had a series of annual firework-related accidents when we were kids. The trauma may be 10 years old but it’s still fresh and terrible to me.
(This is our ode to one of the biggest movies of the year—“Avatar”)
I’m in a time warp because I’m watching “Love Actually” during the New Year. AND at work!
Last year I was able to:
1. Get rid of the negativity
2. Lose weight unconsciously
3. Go out
4. Eat isaw
5. Study my ass off
6. Grow out of a bad habit
7. Save the world
8. Kiss a dog (interpret this as you wish)
9. Killed my deadly romance with soda
2010, inspire me to:
1. Be physically fit!
2. Eat greens
3. Save the world (you can only do too much)
4. Stop hitting people
5. Go aroooound the Philippines
6. Work my ass off
7. Reignite my love affair with Coke (as in Coca-Cola)
I’m leaving everything open-ended because I suck at resolutions. At least I’d be able to do most of these without worrying about specifics. As usual, Gloria Maris was a blur of red polka dots today. Only one dude was smart enough to actually wear plaid–welcome the bills, not the coins.
My 20th year on earth better top this year.
I love this picture! More photos of our Subic adventure from Jason and Mark. Photo taken without permission from the ever vain Jason Mariposa.